Daytona Beach Sept 2016 Part 2

September 5, 2016 9:30pm
Daytona Beach Resort, Daytona Beach, Florida

I spent most of today laying by the pool or floating in the pool. I attempted some boogie boarding; the waves were much more intense than yesterday, but I literally couldn't catch a break... seriously, literally.

Anyways, the ocean wiped me out... wipe out? Never mind.




The undertow was so strong that you'd take ten steps and end up five steps further away from where you were heading.

I had woken up shortly after the sun came up and, when I saw the clear sky and bright sun, I jumped out of bed to take some pictures from the balcony.





Then,I set my alarm to wake me up before tomorrow's sunrise to get some good pictures at the break of daylight.

I played around with Lego photography (Legography?) a little more. I'm getting a little more comfortable with the macro setting, but still have a lot to learn.




After beach and pool time, we went out to dinner to Bubba Gumps', which is an incredibly annoying place... The servers are overly interactive and way too excitable -- and it's 89% seafood, which I don't like.

After dinner, we walked the boardwalk, played in the arcade for a bit, and then went back to the resort.

I must now go to bed, because that alarm before the sunrise is going to go off earlier than I'd like.



-----------------------------

September 6, 2016 4:00pm
Daytona Beach Resort, Daytona Beach, Florida

Sitting on the balcony. It's that point in the vacation where I"m having trouble remembering what day it is and what day I did which thing. It's Tuesday, says my phone.

Daytona Beach is deserted, practically. On Monday, it was much less deserted and on Sunday and Saturday it was very crowded. Now that the long holiday weekend has passed, we have the resort pretty much to ourselves, which is excellent.


I woke up before the sun and it was lovely.




Since then, I've done nothing but lounge in and around the pool.



The Pina Colada I had was cocomazing. It was rumarrific. It was cherritacular. Floating around in the pool with a light rum buzz was floatabulous and pooltastic and buzz... I'm drawing a blank on more adjectives.


Anyways, I went back to my room at 3:30pm and showered and dressed and now I'm sitting on the balcony listening to the waves before dinner. We're going to Outback Steakhouse tonight.

---------------------
September 6, 2016 9:00pm
Daytona Beach Resort, Daytona Beach, Florida

The sound of the waves crashing and smell of the sea,
the stars above and cool sand like silk beneath my feet,
the taste of ocean salt on my tongue,
and the warm breeze washing over me.

I could have stood on the beach all night.

Instead, I am back on the balcony scribbling (it really is scribbles) in my Moleskine notebook.

After dinner, I grabbed my guitar and went down to the fire pit. I played about a dozen songs, in between letting Rylee (my seven year old step-niece) attempt to play. She also played her recorder -- of course, I gave her some room to solo.






It felt great to play for people -- it felt really great.


When I used to play out frequently, there were times where'd I'd feel like I was playing somebody else's guitar and I had a hard time focusing. Other times, I'd fall into a sort of zone and kind of have an out of body experience, as if I was watching myself play and sing. Those were the best times. I had one of those experiences playing tonight. Yeah -- it felt really great.




Afterwards, I wandered down to the beach. I love the ocean at night. It tantalizes all of the senses.

Daytona Beach Resort